Thursday 31 October 2013

.Debenhams Press Office Work Experience.

I haven’t blogged for a while because I’ve been so busy with Uni work, but this last week I had to blog about!

Recently I got to opportunity to gain more experience within the industry by interning at the Debenhams Press Office for a week. I have previously interned at Debenhams, in the Marketing department, so I knew how lovely the team that work there are, and I’m so lucky I got to go back.

Debenhams had their Spring/Summer 2014 Home Press Show on Tuesday 29th October, so I arrived at the Oui Studio, just off Oxford Street, on the Monday to assist with setting up the show. It was great to see the processes that go into setting up a Press Show, and I also got a preview of the S/S14 Home collections that were to be revealed to the Press. The day of the Press Show was so exciting and fast-paced, I got involved in all the different aspects and met journalists from a variety of Publications such as Elle, Ideal Home and The Daily Mail.
Setting up the studio.
The collections that were part of the Press Show were by designers, Julien Macdonald, Betty Jackson, Ben de Lisi, Ashely Thomas, Josh Rocha, Matthew Williamson, Jasper Conran, Abigail Ahern, and Debenhams own collection. Each collection had a different feel, with different prints, colour palettes and shapes. All of the items were beautiful and the way they were displayed within the studio made me want them all in my home.

It was strange thinking about Spring/Summer 14 so far in advanced but it also made me excited about what the season will have to offer. By the looks of the collections, it will be bold colours and busy prints contributing to an exotic theme, as well as calmer tones and nature patterns. Judging by the collections, upcoming shades that will be popular for S/S14 are blue and purple tones. These trend and colour forecasts are likely to be reflected within fashion, so I’ll be looking out for it in fashion retailers next year.
Butterfly by Matthew Williamson.
Rocha. John Rocha.
At Home by Ashley Thomas  and Jasper Conran collections.
Abigail Ahern collection.
Being involved in a press show for such an established company was great experience, I learnt a lot and put my networking skills to the test. I also got to meet some of the designers, Julien Macdonald, Ben de Lisi, Betty Jackson and Ashley Thomas, and got some great snaps of them with their collection...
Julien Macdonald and Ben de Lisi with their collections.

No comments:

Post a Comment