Thursday 19 September 2013

.Ong-Oaj Pairam SS14 LFW.

I feel like the last post on my week working at London Fashion Week for Fashion Scout didn’t fully justify how much of an amazing week it was. It’s hard to succinctly say how incredible all of the designers collections were but I’ve decided that I can’t not blog about my favourite collection of the week; by Ong-oaj Pairam.  

When I first walked into the makeup and hair room I was instantly drawn to the spring colours and patterns of the Ong-Oaj Pairam collection. The variety of textures used, from leather to organza, created different drapes and silhouettes producing a variety of looks that draw the eye. The reason this collection was one of my favourites, was because I loved that the overall feel of the collection was the 1950’s era; with prints such as grey and yellow checked and the blue and red striped pattern. The 1950’s influence channelled a relaxed and pretty vibe. This inspiration was apparent through the hair and makeup; with big loose curls, volumised hair and simple, natural makeup replicating the ‘Twiggy’ look.  A sense of sports luxe fashion stood out as another inspiration with sleek silhouetted tea dresses, leather cropped jackets and high-waisted shorts.
   
The collection consisted of bold yet classic pieces; the colours and prints were bold, but classic and feminine materials such as chiffon were used. Although the colours were bold, some of the flower prints were more subtle, fitting into the Spring/Summer season.


Here are some pictures of the collection:












Above all, the main reason I loved this collection was because I felt all of the pieces were ready to wear, I could see all of them being sold to the mass market straight away and the silhouettes and colours were right on trend producing an ultra-feminine collection with stunning silhouettes.


No comments:

Post a Comment